Ford Fiesta is Once Again Europe’s Best Selling Small Car
- Ford Fiesta was Europe's top-selling small car and No. 2 best-selling car overall in April and through the first four months 2012, according to figures released by JATO Dynamics
- Fiesta sales totaled 25,900 units in Europe last month and 117,100 year-to-date
- Since the latest-generation Ford Fiesta went on sale in October 2008, close to 1.4 million units have been sold in Europe*
- JATO Dynamics and ACEA confirm Ford as No. 2 best-selling brand in Europe in April and for April year-to-date 2012
COLOGNE, Germany, May 22, 2012 – The Ford Fiesta again was Europe's best-selling small car in April and for the first four months of 2012, according to the latest figures from the world's leading provider of automotive data and intelligence, JATO Dynamics.*
According to JATO Dynamics, 25,900 Ford Fiestas were sold in April, and 117,100 April year-to-date, more than 5,000 units ahead of its nearest small car rival. Including all cars, Fiesta was the No. 2 best-selling car in Europe in April and April year-to-date, and was Ford’s best-selling vehicle in April and year-to-date.
“Three years after launch and the Ford Fiesta is still winning new customers,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “It’s proven to be an exceptional little car. The striking design has stood the test of time, it’s great fun to drive, and the quality and fuel economy are top notch.”
In news releases dated May 22 and May 16, respectively, both JATO Dynamics and ACEA confirmed Ford as Europe's No. 2 best-selling brand in April and the first four months 2012.
# # #
Notes to Editors:
* JATO Dynamics results are based on data provided by JATO Consult, the company's bespoke consulting service. Figures are based on 27 European countries. For more info, please visit www.jato.com. Ford figures are usually based on its main 19 European markets or 51 total European markets. Based on Ford's main 19 European markets, Fiesta sales were 25,700 for April, 115,800 units for the first four months this year, and 1,385,500 units since October 2008 when the latest generation went on sale.
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
Ford of Europe is responsible for producing, selling and servicing Ford brand vehicles in 50 individual markets and employs approximately 66,000 employees. In addition to Ford Motor Credit Company, Ford of Europe operations include Ford Customer Service Division and 22 manufacturing facilities, including joint ventures. The first Ford cars were shipped to Europe in 1903 – the same year Ford Motor Company was founded. European production started in 1911